High Intensity CBT Therapist - Wakefield (Flexible working hours)
We are currently recruiting for exciting opportunities to join Turning Point and be part of our highly successful and innovative ‘Improving Access to Psychological Therapies’ (IAPT) service. At Wakefield Talking Therapies we specialise in evidence–based psychological therapies and we are looking for qualified High Intensity CBT Therapists to join the team.
Whether you are an experienced CBT Therapist or you are newly qualified, you’ll join our team in Wakefield delivering step 3 high intensity interventions and as a key member of the team, you will be working closely with our clinical team to maintain our high standard and help us to develop this further.
We support people in the local area who are having difficulty in coping and who may be suffering from a common mental illness such as depression, anxiety or phobias. Our approach embeds the notion of well–being and recovery and promotes personal responsibility for lifestyle choices and self–management of mental well–being. For our clients, this has resulted in a highly accessible and user–friendly service available across a wide geographical area.
As a CBT Therapist you’ll be managing your own caseload providing evidence based treatments. We offer a high standard of in house clinical supervision and training with BABCP accredited supervisors. We offer regular masterclasses to upskill our therapists and support their career development as well as opportunities to access additional modality training.
We provide excellent opportunities for development in this role through access to training around areas of specialism such as supervision, long-term conditions, cultural diversity etc. You will work with your supervisor and line manager to make sure development and CPD plans are in place for your ongoing growth. There are also many opportunities for career progression into areas of leadership or further clinical training.
The Ideal Candidate
You will need to hold a qualification in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and have BABCP accreditation or be eligible and working towards this. Alongside extensive experience of working within Mental Health, you’ll have a proven ability to develop good therapeutic relationships with clients and working relationships with your colleagues.
In return, you’ll enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress in your career with us. Excellent opportunities for both CPD and clinical innovation are available within the service.
We have an active wellbeing working group made up staff from within various different roles in the service who work together to organise events, keep people connected and provide information and support helping to make this a really great place to work. We also offer the opportunity to manage your wellbeing by working flexibly and, as the service is open 7 days a week there are lots of opportunities to ensure this can work for you as well as our clients. We pay incentivised rates of pay for weekend working and additional hours.
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 31 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 33 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we receive sufficient applicants before the advertised closed date.