Health Care Assistant - Wakefield Inspiring Recovery
Turning Point is a leading Social Enterprise which supports people with a wide range of complex needs across Learning Disabilities, Mental Health, Substance Misuse and Public Health. We are currently recruiting for a Health Care Assistant to work in our Integrated Substance Misuse Service as a Health Care Assistant, where you’ll have the chance to make a real difference to the lives of the people we support who are experiencing difficulties from drugs and alcohol usage.
Passionate about people, you’ll enjoy the opportunity and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress in your career within a social enterprise. So if you’re ambitious and ready for a fresh challenge with a sector leader then this could be the opportunity for you.
Running health and social care services as a social enterprise, we invest every penny back into our care – and our people. So, if you’re ambitious and ready for a fresh challenge, progress your career with a sector leader.
As a Health Care Assistant, you'll make a real difference to people's lives. Passionate about supporting people, you'll enjoy the opportunity and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you make this role your own as part of our friendly, multidisciplinary team.
You will be working within the clinical team supporting; wellbeing clinics, ambulatory/community detoxifications, undertaking basic observations with our service users.
The day to day duties of a Health Care Assistant consist of:
- To support and undertake substance misuse interventions and clinical procedures : eg participating in triage assessments and screenings, urine analysis, healthy living assessments, physical observations, ECG recording.
- Ensuring appropriate entries are made on patients computerised medical records
- Supporting stock usage and stock control management
- Monitoring fridge temperatures and fridge logs and taking action when appropriate
- Recording in Controlled Drugs (CDs) registers and taking appropriate action when required
- Maintaining equipment and dispensing areas and ensuring they are kept in a clean and orderly manner
- Support the provision of opiate and alcohol detoxifications, undertaking physical detox observations including BP and reporting any concerns to the Prison Nurse Manager
- Supporting nurse lead and GP clinics
We will develop and support you to have the necessary skills to undertake this role. You will partake in professional supervision and through our excellent governance structures be a part of our learning environment supporting, promoting and delivering best practice for our service users
The Ideal Candidate
We’re seeking an individual with:
- Proven verbal and written communications that can be modified to different situations
- Collaborative team working skills
- Ability to deliver against agreed goals, targets and outcomes. Substance misuse knowledge
- Demonstrable skills and knowledge in assessing risk presented by clients to themselves and others
- Harm reduction, suicide and self-harm awareness
- Wide and flexible range of client interventions
- Management of incidents of a violent or aggressive nature
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Comprehensive opportunities to learn and develop, with silver accreditation from Investors in People
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible benefit options including cycle to work schemes and season ticket loans
- Competitive pension and life assurance schemes
- Employee assistance programme and access to online health and wellbeing support
- Flexible working patterns to support work-life balance
- Access to a wide range of discounts, including cinema tickets, grocery and high-street shopping and gym memberships
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.