Female Support Worker - Springfield
Do you have a caring nature? Are you looking to make a difference to people's lives? Do you want to work in a rewarding environment? Are you flexible with your working hours? Can you see yourself providing care to adults who need your support?
If you have answered a big YES to these questions we would LOVE to hear from you.
At Turning Point, we support people with Learning Disabilities across England. We believe that by inspiring people to achieve their own goals, live the life they want, with who they want to live with and within their chosen community, we can make a real difference to those we support. Passionate about people, you will enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress with us.
Where will I work?
I am an adult woman who lives independently in the Springfield area of Milton Keynes. I require assistance with shopping and weekly activities, and need somebody who can help me to understand the implications of unwise choices, and proactively support me to build healthy relationships with others.
Your will be required to work 15 hours per week on a Monday and Friday. Shift times are usually around 12pm-7pm but this can vary from week to week.
What will I be doing?
This is a hands-on job in which no two days are the same. Your duties will include:
- Promoting my independence
- Supporting with a full range of daily activities including cleaning, cooking and days out
- Helping me to build healthy relationships with others
- Arranging activities in the home and in the local community
- Helping me to develop life skills and personal interests
- Supporting me with staying safe and healthy
- Ensuring record keeping is maintained to the required standard at all times and contributing to service monitoring requirements
The Ideal Candidate
What skills and qualities do I need to have?
Whilst knowledge of learning disabilities and complex needs would be beneficial, it isn't essential. The ideal person will need experience/understanding of monitoring bank accounts, looking for fraud or unusual activities outside of the normal activities, as well as being:
- Passionate, caring and enthusiastic
- Flexible, patient and non-judgemental
- A great team player with lots of energy
- Able to demonstrate good communication skills
Able to complete the physical aspects of the role such as manual handling where needed