Female Support Worker - Hemsworth- Wakefield - Drivers only
Do you have a caring nature? Are you looking to make a difference to people's lives? Do you want to work in an environment where no two days are the same? Are you flexible with your working hours? Can you see yourself providing care to adults who need your support?
If you have answered a big YES to these questions we would love to hear from you.
At Turning Point, we support people with Learning Disabilities across England.
As a Support Worker, you will make a real difference to residents' lives as you improve their daily living skills. Passionate about people, you will enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress with us.
Where will I be working?
We are providing support for adults with learning disabilities and physical disabilities.
19 Carlton Close - Drivers only
You will be supporting six individuals in their own homes. Three ladies all with varying needs. You will be required to provide person-centred support in all aspects of their lives, including managing their home, some personal care, accessing their local community facilities, and maintaining contact with other important people in their lives. The service users are mainly are mainly non verbal and and have significant cognitive impairments.
For those applying for 19 Carlton Close we require females only, who hold a UK driving license but you do not need to use your own vehicle as one will be provided.
We endeavor to create positive family relationships offering a good circle of support. There is a strong focus on supporting individuals' lives, therefore the role will also include helping with various activities such as, shopping, managing own budgets and cooking. We tailor our services to enable people to be as independent as possible.
This is a 24 hour service, therefore flexibility is essential. You will be working a range of shifts from 7:00am to 2:00/3:00pm and 2:00/3:00 pm to 9:00/10:00pm, waking nights, some weekends.
Please note that the shifts may vary.
What will I be doing?
This is a hands-on job in which no two days are the same. Your duties will include:
- promoting the independence of people we support
- supporting a full range of daily activities including cleaning and cooking, days out or going away on holiday
- arranging activities in the home and in the local community
- developing residents' life skills and personal interests
- helping residents stay safe and healthy
- assisting with personal care needs
- manual handling
- supporting people with medication
- ensuring record keeping is maintained to the required standard at all times and contributing to service monitoring requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
What skills and qualities do I need to have?
Whilst knowledge of learning disabilities and complex needs would be beneficial, it isn't essential. What is essential is that you are:
- passionate, caring and enthusiastic
- flexible, patient and non-judgemental
- a great team player with lots of energy
- able to demonstrate good communication skills
- able to complete the physical aspects of the role such as manual handling where needed
- transferable experience of helping people to manage anxiety
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What benefits will I receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Comprehensive Learning and Development opportunities - we are Investors in People Silver accredited
- 28 days holiday, increasing with each year of service until 30 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible benefit options including, bike to work schemes and season ticket loans
- Competitive Pension and Life Assurance scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme and access to online Health and Wellbeing support
- Flexible working patterns to support work/life balance
- Access to a wide range of discounts including Cinema, Groceries and Gym.