Female Night Support Worker - North Warwickshire
Would you like to be part of a small and highly specialised service which is committed to supporting me in the community?
Would you like to involve me and support me to be part of my local community?
Would you like to be well trained, well supported, well paid and know that you are making a positive difference every time you go to work?
I am looking for people to support me in my new home in Coventry and in my local community. I am a woman in my 50’s with autism, Charcot-Marie tooth syndrome (which limits my mobility) and a mild/moderate learning disability. I can present with some complex behaviours of concern, which includes self-injurious behaviours and scratching. I also experience very high anxiety levels and need a lot of reassurance from the people that support me.
It is important to me that I have a staff team that understands autism and who are patient and understanding with me. I need consistent support and encouragement.
I am very sensitive to noise and need a calm and quiet home environment. I do not like busy environments or loud noises. Sensory activities are very important to me, especially massaging my hands.
I like listening to music, watching films, having my hair and nails done, Harry Potter and arts and crafts. I come from a large family who are very important to me. I am also a practicing Muslim which is very important to me too.
About the role
- I need staff that are patient and understanding.
- I need staff that will respect my Muslim religion and support me to follow my faith.
- You must be prepared that I will have bad days, as well as good days.
- The role will include supporting with personal care.
- The role will include supporting me in my own home and in the community.
- You will be required to work alongside specialists in my multi-disciplinary team.
The Ideal Candidate
You should be
- Experienced in supporting people with autism
- Be resilient, patient and understanding. It may take a while to be able to develop a strong bond with me
- Be consistent in your support approach
- Be able to communicate and understand me effectively, including my non-verbal communications
You should have
- The right attitude!
- A good attendance record
- The ability to work well as part of a team, and with other professionals involved in my support
This is a specialist supported living support service in North Coventry and we have high expectations for our staff. You will receive all the necessary training prior to supporting the person and this will take place locally in Warwickshire. Please call the number below for an informal discussion - if you would like to know more.
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What benefits will I receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Comprehensive Learning and Development opportunities - we are Investors in People Silver accredited
- 28 days holiday, increasing with each year of service until 30 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible benefit options including, bike to work schemes and season ticket loans
- Competitive Pension and Life Assurance scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme and access to online Health and Wellbeing support
- Flexible working patterns to support work/life balance
- Access to a wide range of discounts including Cinema, Groceries and Gym.