Female Advanced Practitioner - DAWS
For genuine occupational requirement reasons, we are looking to appoint a Female only (exemption under the Equality Act 2010, Part 1, Schedule 9)
Supporting and engaging residents affected by substance misuse across Westminster and Kensington & Chelsea is a vitally important part of Turning Point’s work. By listening to their needs, creating personalised solutions, and looking beyond their health requirements to wider issues such as employment, we are making a real difference to individuals and the communities they belong to. Turning Point in Central London is one of the oldest and best-established drug and alcohol services in the UK especially well known for our assertive outreach led and innovative recovery services. So isn’t it time you joined us?
We’re now seeking to recruit a Female advanced practitioner. For this role you will have either significant experience in providing a substance misuse services or a related field in health, social care or criminal justice services and/or a relevant qualification such as social work or nursing. You will hold a defined caseload of complex service users with multiple needs and have, or be willing to develop, a specialism within the team. You will provide learning opportunities and act as a point of expertise within your team, sometimes leading multi-disciplinary discussions to support planning, safeguarding and risk management, and be capable of representing the service in external meetings to improve pathways with partner agencies. Whilst not a line management position Advanced Practitioners will form part of the leadership of the team and be key to supporting specific clients with complex needs and workers, particularly those new to the field.
- Carry a designated caseload of individuals with complex needs that may include mental health, homelessness, criminality, long term conditions, domestic abuse, sexual exploitation, self harm etc.
- formulate risk management plans and recovery plans that taken into account the personal recovery goals of the client.
- Effective partnership working with members of any multi-disciplinary team and other agencies and taking on the role of lead professional when appropriate
- Deliver interventions that are underpinned by a strong evidence base
- Participate in clinical meetings and complex case meeting and be confident and competent at presenting cases orally and through written reports
- Support the learning and development of Recovery Workers and Trainee Recovery workers, providing specialist input into Multi Disciplinary Meetings
- Provide professional supervision and mentoring to staff to support their development, learning and standards of care
- Being known as an expert in a designated specialism within the service (EG Dual diagnosis, Homelessness/complex needs, mental capacity)
- Delivering seminars/internal learning events and representing Turning Point nationally if required in your specialist area
The Ideal Candidate
- Exceptional report writing and case notes
- Demonstrable experience in working within a substance misuse treatment and recovery setting
- Specialist interest depth knowledge of one or more complexities along side substance misuse . This may be mental health, long term conditions, criminality, homelessness, Domestic Violence etc
- Understanding of risk and risk management, as it applies to substance misuse and complexity
- Significant experience of working in health and social care
- RMN; Social Work, psychology or other relevant qualification
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.