Employment Project Worker - Offender Inclusion and Employment North East
North East (Sunderland, Durham, Middlesbrough, Darlington)
As a leading provider of social and support services, we believe everyone should have the chance to achieve their ambitions – whether that’s our Employment Project Workers, or the offenders we support in prisons and in the community. We do everything possible to help people unlock their potential – including empowering our Employment Project Workers to help these hard-to-reach groups get their lives back on track.
Enjoying the chance to travel across the region as an Employment Project Worker, you’ll join a small team focused on supporting offenders in their resettlement and progress toward becoming employed. Working ‘through-the-gate’, your role will be as crucial as it is varied. You will build relationships with offenders at prisons across the region, conduct initial assessments and shape action plans designed to give people the best possible new start.
The Ideal Candidate
As an Employment Project Worker you will have well developed numeracy, literacy and IT skills as well as experience and/or knowledge of working with individuals with substance misuse and/or mental health problems. However, what’s more important is that you’re able to motivate, engage and inspire people to succeed – particularly as clients may often be reluctant to enter employment. Whilst hours are generally 9am-5pm, we’ll expect you to work flexibly as people’s needs change, and ideally have a full driving licence and vehicle too.
What benefits will I receive?
- Comprehensive Learning and Development opportunities - we are Investors in People Silver accredited
- 28 days holiday, increasing with each year of service until 30 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible benefit options including, bike to work schemes and season ticket loans
- Competitive Pension and Life Assurance scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme and access to online Health and Wellbeing support
- Flexible working patterns to support work/life balance
- Access to a wide range of discounts including Cinema, Groceries and Gym.
Running health and support services as a social enterprise, we invest every penny back into our care – and our people. So, if you’re ambitious, progress an employment career with real value.