Crisis and Recovery Worker - Haven House
At Turning Point, we support people across England with mental health issues. We make a real difference to their lives as we introduce them to the personal, flexible and realistic support they need to improve the quality of their lives in their communities. Passionate about people, you'll enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience, training and education you need to progress in your career with us.
Haven House is mental health crisis service. We provide support for to people experiencing a mental health crisis for a maximum of seven days. We work in partnership with the Enhanced Crisis and Home Treatment Teams across Nottinghamshire. Our aim is to support people to find ways to keep themselves safe and learn strategies for managing their distress in the longer term. We offer an alternative, comfortable and calm, environment to a psychiatric hospital setting for those who are able to benefit from a non-medical setting.
The service operates in the evening and at weekends. The service can support up to five people residentially and a further four using our drop in/digital services.
The main purpose of the role is to support the team to assist individuals to address and de-escalate their immediate crisis experience in a safe and supportive setting.
You will work one–to–one with guests, developing risk management and support plans and gain a full understanding of their needs and concerns. You will help them to identify what additional support is required once they return home by sign-posting them to community based support or services as required.
The shift patterns are 08:00am –3:30pm, 11.30am-7pm, 2:30pm–10:00pm and 10pm-8am for sleep shifts. Staff are required to work evenings and weekends and an average of one sleep in per week.
The Ideal Candidate
You will be able to demonstrate a good knowledge and value base in mental health and related issues. You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to tailor the message to the audience.
We are looking for a Crisis and Recovery Worker who knows how to build positive working relationships in a short period of time. What is essential is that you have proven experience in mental health work. In return, you’ll be supported with training and career development opportunities.
You will be able to deliver a range of treatments and interventions in a person centred, non-judgemental manner. You will have the ability to deal effectively and calmly with challenging situations.
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What benefits will I receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closing date.