Crisis and Recovery Worker - Crisis Sanctuary
At Turning Point, we support people across England with mental health issues. We make a real difference to their lives as we introduce them to the personal, flexible and realistic support they need to improve the quality of their lives in their communities. Passionate about people, you'll enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience, training and education you need to progress in your career with us.
You will be working closely with individuals who are experiencing a mental health crisis, psychological and emotional distress. The service encourages people with a lived experience of mental health difficulties to apply.
The service operates in Beeston in the evenings 5.30 - 11.30pm. Shifts are allocated on a rota basis to allow for alternative weekends off.
This is a part-time role - 28 hours per week.
The main purpose of the role is to support the team to assist individuals to address and de-escalate their immediate crisis experience in a safe, friendly setting.
Your role will be to deliver a high quality, safe, person-centred service in line with the service specification and work collaboratively with external agencies and partners. You will work as part of a small team in delivering the service.
The role will require you to offer support face to face and remotely by telephone or online.
The Ideal Candidate
You will be able to demonstrate a good knowledge and value base in mental health and related issues. You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to tailor the message to the audience.
You will be confident in working with information technology on a range of software applications.
You will be able to deliver a range of treatments and interventions in a person centred, non-judgemental manner. You will have the ability to deal effectively and calmly with challenging situations.
Due to the late closing time of the service, access to your own transport is desirable.
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What benefits will I receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closing date.