Criminal Justice Recovery Worker - Roads to Recovery
Fixed Term Contract – Up to 12 Months
At Turning Point we provide services across the whole country which delivers end to end drug and alcohol treatment and support, family services, housing advice and support for those in contact with the criminal justice system, needle exchange system, and custody outreach. We are a specialist in delivering whole treatment system approaches across cities and county areas, which has led to the reduction in people falling through gaps between services and delivers improved outcomes.
At Turning Point, we support people across the UK with substance misuse issues. As a Criminal Justice Recovery Worker, you'll make a real difference in the community and to their lives as you develop the personal, flexible and realistic support packages they need to help turn things around. Passionate about people, you'll enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life too, as you make the role your own as part of a friendly and multidisciplinary team.
Our Oxfordshire Roads to Recovery Service is an integrated community drug and alcohol service that offers support to individuals across the county. Our Recovery Hubs are based in Oxford, Banbury, Witney and Didcot, we also deliver services within Shared Care GP Practices across the County. You will work within a supportive multi-disciplinary team working with Doctors, Nurses, Clinical Psychologist, Support Workers, Counsellors and Peer Mentors working to improve the well-being of a wide range of service users.
We're looking for Recovery Workers who are natural at building relationships whether that's with service users, social services, clinical services, mental health teams, probation professionals or recovery support. Your strong links with colleagues and other agencies will ensure we're providing tailored, seamless support. Your goal is to access hard to reach groups and support people at risk of dropping out of treatment to stay engaged and progress into recovery.
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking a number of Criminal Justice Recovery Workers that will join an established team and you will be based in one of our Oxfordshire Recovery Hubs. You may have experience of the substance misuse sector or may have transferable skills and be looking for a change. Having handled a significant caseload in a busy environment, you'll have an understanding of substance misuse and the recovery agenda. Naturally, we look for our Criminal Justice Recovery Workers to have excellent communication skills and an ability to be flexible and take on an extremely varied role.
We want to invest in you, train you and support you to secure a future with a sector leader. So, you'll need to be highly motivated with big ambitions and even bigger potential.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.