Criminal Justice Recovery Worker - Impact
Fixed Term Contract – Up to 9 Months
Please Note: A Full UK Driving License and Access to a Vehicle is an Essential Requirement.
At Turning Point we provide services across the whole country which delivers end to end drug and alcohol treatment and support, family services, housing advice and support for those in contact with the criminal justice system, needle exchange system, and custody outreach. We are a specialist in delivering whole treatment system approaches across cities and county areas, which has led to the reduction in people falling through gaps between services and delivers improved outcomes.
At Turning Point, we support people across the UK with substance misuse issues. As a Criminal Justice Recovery Worker, you'll make a real difference in the community and to their lives as you develop the personal, flexible and realistic support packages they need to help turn things around. Passionate about people, you'll enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life too, as you make the role your own as part of a friendly and multidisciplinary team.
You’ll make a difference to service users’ lives as you develop the personal, flexible and realistic support packages they need to help turn things around. Passionate about people, you'll enjoy the scope and diversity of this role, working as part of a friendly and multidisciplinary team. As well as having allot of involvement with partnership agencies.
You’ll provide advice and information to service users and members of the wider community. You will take a key role in promoting the service to other professionals and organisations with the aim of increasing referrals as well as attending larger community events to raise the profile of Turning Point in Wiltshire.
The Ideal Candidate
Having handled a significant caseload in a busy environment as a Recovery Worker, Outreach Worker or similar, you'll have a deep understanding of substance misuse and the Recovery Agenda. It's an extremely varied role, so flexibility and knowledge of relapse and other barriers to recovery will be vital. Naturally, we also look for Engagement and Prevention workers with excellent communication skills and, ideally, a vocational qualification, such as an NVQ 3 or equivalent.
The managing of recovery coordination sessions, compiling risk assessments and risk management plans, care planning and reduction plans are just some of the varied duties you will be providing. As well as delivering presentations and workshops on various topics and driving our roaming recovery vehicle.
Excellent IT skills with knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook etc. are essential for this role. Holding a full driving licence and having access to a car is essential as you will be required to work across the whole of Wiltshire.
So, if you're ambitious, proactive and focused on substance misuse, an Engagement and Prevention Worker position will be good for you.
Why Turning Point?
We provide support for people affected by drug and alcohol misuse, mental health conditions, offending behaviours, unemployment, health and wellbeing, social issues, and those with a learning disability to discover new possibilities in their lives.
Each of our services are different and we provide innovative services for many who face immense life challenges. Our learning disability services are about building better lives for the people we support and empowering them to live as independently as possible, while, our substance misuse and mental health services are also there to enable recovery through a supportive environment.
We have developed and finessed our approach and support through listening to the experiences of the people who have used our services; collaboration with commissioners, customers, families and carers, employers and stakeholders; and empowering our staff to shape our services.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £200 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.