Criminal Justice Outreach Recovery Worker - START
Fixed Term Contract - Up to 12 Months
At Turning Point, we support people across England with substance misuse issues. We currently have a vacancy in Slough (START) as a Criminal Justice Outreach Recovery Worker where you can make a real difference to peoples' lives.
As a Criminal Justice Outreach Recovery worker you will manage a caseload of clients, undertake assessments, develop person centred recovery plans and support them to turn things around. You will work closely with rough sleepers, vulnerable and complex clients who struggle to engage in treatment and in turn help reduce crime in the Borough. You will be required to work in partnership with police, courts, probation and prison establishments and support clients in these venues.
The Ideal Candidate
A track record of CQC compliance and knowledge of relapse and other barriers to recovery will be vital. An understanding of substance misuse and the Recovery Agenda is essential. It is important to have excellent communication skills and the ability to manage a varied and demanding role.
A full UK Driving License and access to a vehicle is not essential but desirable.
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Comprehensive opportunities to learn and develop, with silver accreditation from Investors in People
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible benefit options including cycle to work schemes and season ticket loans
- Competitive pension and life assurance schemes
- Employee assistance programme and access to online health and wellbeing support
- Flexible working patterns to support work-life balance
- Access to a wide range of discounts, including cinema tickets, grocery and high-street shopping and gym memberships
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.