Counsellor - livelife
Everyone’s Turning Point is unique. It’s the moment when they realise they’ve made a small, but important, step forward. Very often, that small step is the start of something bigger. But only when the right support, advice and services are in place. That’s where you come in.
Turning Point is embarking on an exciting new private pay counselling service, delivering a high quality, telephone-based counselling service to support those in need of therapy.
The counselling service comes from Turning Point’s commitment to encouraging new ideas. We do this by placing individuals at the heart of the development of our support. As a leading social enterprise and backed by Turning Point’s experience over 55 years we are driven by the need to see the potential of people and empower them to make the changes needed to live life well.
We are now looking for BACP / BABCP accredited Counsellors to join us. Managing your own caseload, on a day-to-day basis you will support clients to overcome their barriers through telephone based interventions. You’ll also support people to use online health and wellbeing tools, including our own online wellbeing platform.
The Ideal Candidate
As well as being accredited, it goes without saying that you will need outstanding telephone and written communication skills, as well as the ability to work to deadlines and well defined targets. Particularly important will be your communication, motivational and engagement skills.
Our service will operate when our clients require our interventions, therefore the flexibility to work evenings and weekends is a requirement of the position. We have part-time opportunities available.
Whilst our support teams are based in Manchester, our services are provided via the telephone and therefore we expect candidates will work from home and will accept applications from candidates based anywhere in the UK. There may be occasions where travel to Manchester is required for meetings and training; however this will be done remotely where possible. You will need a quiet and confidential place to work at home with a good broadband connection.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
- Comprehensive opportunities to learn and develop, with silver accreditation from Investors in People
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible benefit options including season ticket loans
- Competitive pension and life assurance schemes
- Employee assistance programme and access to online health and wellbeing support
- Flexible working patterns to support work-life balance
- Access to a wide range of discounts, including cinema tickets, grocery and high-street shopping and gym memberships
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we receive sufficient applicants before the advertised closed date.