Cook - Smithfield
At Turning Point, we support people across the UK with substance misuse problems. As a Cook, you’ll provide catering services to help each and every one of our service users. Passionate about people, you’ll enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life too, as you make this role your own as part of a hard-working and friendly team.
To proactively deliver a high quality/person centred catering services that meets the needs of the service users by:-
- Promoting peoples’ rights and responsibilities
- Working as an effective member of the team
- Providing advice and information to Service Users and others where appropriate
- Preparing and delivering well balanced menus to quality standards taking account of any dietary needs
- Ensuring record keeping is maintained to the required standard at all times and contributing to service monitoring requirements
- Ensuring full risk assessments and risk management is delivered effectively
- Ensuring that work is undertaken in line with Health & Safety requirements and hygiene is maintained at all times
Full Time 37 Hours per Week. 5 Days per week 10am to 6pm over 7 day rota.
The Ideal Candidate
- City & Guilds/706/1&2 or equivalent NVQ
- Excellent Food Hygiene
- Ability to monitor food budget
- Able to plan menus
- Stock Control
Running services on a not-for-profit basis, we invest every penny back into our care – and our people. So, if you’re ambitious and focused on helping people with substance misuse issues, progress a Cook role with real value.
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Free City Centre Parking
- Comprehensive opportunities to learn and develop, with silver accreditation fromInvestors in People
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible benefit options including cycle to work schemes and season ticket loans
- Competitive pension and life assurance schemes
- Employee assistance programme and access to online health and wellbeing support
- Flexible working patterns to support work-life balance
- Access to a wide range of discounts, including cinema tickets, grocery and high-street shopping and gym memberships
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.