Complex Needs Support Worker - Carlisle
Would you like to be part of a small and highly specialised service which is committed to supporting me in the community?
Would you like to involve me and support me to be part of my local community?
Would you like to be well trained, well supported, well paid and know that you are making a positive difference every time you go to work?
As a member of my team you will be supporting me to live independently, I will need support with my daily living tasks, and to help me go out in the community.
I do have some complex behaviour, but I am very social, I enjoy music and I want to be able to have a laugh and joke with my team.
About the role
- I need my support workers to be positive and outgoing, while also being patient with me.
- The role will include supporting me with my personal care.
- The role will include supporting me in my own home and in the community.
- You will be required to work alongside specialists in my multi-disciplinary team.
This is a 24 hour service, therefore flexibility is essential. You will be working a range of shifts from 7:00am to 2:00/3:00pm and 2:00/3:00 pm to 9:00/10:00pm, sleep ins or waking nights, some weekends.
Please note that the shifts may vary.
Bank Positions also available.
The Ideal Candidate
You should be
- Experienced in supporting people with a learning disability and bi-polar disorder.
- Be resilient, patient and understanding. It may take a while to be able to develop a strong bond with me.
- Be consistent in your support approach.
- Be able to adapt to different situations quickly
You should have
- The right attitude! Positive and motivated.
- A good attendance record.
- The ability to work well as part of a team, and with other professionals involved in my support.
This is a specialist supported living support service in Carlisle, and we have high expectations for our staff. You will receive all the necessary training prior to supporting the person and this will take place locally. Please call the number below for an informal discussion - if you would like to know more.
The right people will receive:
- Comprehensive Learning and Development opportunities - we are Investors in People Silver accredited
- 28 days holiday, increasing with each year of service until 30 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible benefit options including, bike to work schemes and season ticket loans
- Competitive Pension and Life Assurance scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme and access to online Health and Wellbeing support
- Flexible working patterns to support work/life balance
Access to a wide range of discounts including Cinema, Groceries and Gym.
Why Turning Point?
We take pride in the services that we provide. There is one vision that everyone at Turning Point shares, which is held together by our values. These include believing in potential, communicating in a confident way, embracing change and treating each other as individuals.
Running services on a not-for-profit basis, we invest every penny back into our services - and, our people. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support people with Learning Disabilities to live fulfilling lives - here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job: we offer you a career.