Complex Health Needs Support Worker
Do you have a caring nature and are you looking to make a difference to people's lives?
Do you want to work in an environment where no two days are the same and have flexibility with your working hours?
Can you see yourself providing care to adults who need your support and are you inspired by the possibilities?
If you have answered a big YES to these questions this may very well be the job for you….
About the people you will be supporting:
We are a group of 6 people with learning disabilities who have lived together for a number of years. We enjoy spending time together but also have individual interests, to which we need support to be able to take part in.
We like to visit our families and have strong friendships with other people outside of our home which we need 1-1 support to maintain. We are an active bunch of people and enjoy 1-1 support to attend local social groups, church and going to the pub. Some of us also like to go swimming and horse riding. This is very much a hands-on job where no two days are the same.
Training and Development
We offer training to all those who want to develop their skills and competencies not just in the care sector but in other areas too.
- Level 2 and 3 Lead Adult Care Worker
- Level 3 Operational Team Leader
Please note training will be offered after your probation period ends which is 6 months. Once you begin your training with us you will have your own coach who will support you through your programme.
Shift Patterns may look like this:
This is a 24 hour service, therefore flexibility is essential. You will be working a range of shifts from 7:00am to 2:00/3:00pm and 2:00/3:00 pm to 9:00/10:00pm, waking nights, some; weekends, Bank Holidays, Christmas and other religious festivals.
Please note that working hours may vary to accommodate the 1-1 activities we like to do.
Daily support we need from you:
- Assisting with our personal care needs
- Manual handling
- Supporting us with medication including creams and lotions
- Ensuring our record keeping is maintained to the highest standard, this will include finance records as these will be audited
- Supporting us with our finances
- Liaising with the Landlord regarding our tenancies and any repairs.
Average potential earnings are £25,158 based on 37 hours.
*Potential average earnings are a culmination of colleagues working additional shifts and where applicable sleep ins**
** sleep ins are not required in all services
***not all colleagues will work overtime and therefore potential earnings will differ
The Ideal Candidate
Whilst knowledge of our learning disabilities and complex needs would be beneficial, it isn't essential. What is essential is that you are:
- Passionate, caring and enthusiastic
- Flexible, patient and non-judgemental
- A great team player with lots of energy
- Able to demonstrate good communication skills
- Able to complete the physical aspects of the role such as manual handling where needed
- Transferable experience of helping people to manage anxiety
If this describes you we would love to hear from you and receive your application for the role.
Turning Point takes pride in the services we provide. There is one vision that everyone shares at Turning Point, which is held together by our core values. These include; believing that everyone has the potential to grow, learn and make choices, communicating in an authentic and confident way, embracing change and treating each other and those we support as individuals and delivering better outcomes by encouraging ideas.
We run our services on a not-for-profit basis. We invest every penny back into our services - and, our people. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to supporting people with learning disabilities, to live fulfilling lives, Turning Point is for you
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!