Complex Behaviour Support Worker - Carlisle
Would you like to be part of a small and highly specialised service which is committed to supporting me in the community?
Would you like to involve me and support me to be part of my local community?
Would you like to be well trained, well supported, well paid and know that you are making a positive difference every time you go to work?
As a member of my team you will be supporting me to live independently, I will need support with my daily living tasks, and to help me go out in the community.
I do have some complex behaviour, but I am very social, I enjoy music and I want to be able to have a laugh and joke with my team.
About the role
- I need my support workers to be positive and outgoing, while also being patient with me.
- The role will include supporting me with my personal care.
- The role will include supporting me in my own home and in the community.
- You will be required to work alongside specialists in my multi-disciplinary team.
This is a 24 hour service, therefore flexibility is essential. You will be working a range of shifts from 7:00am to 2:00/3:00pm and 2:00/3:00 pm to 9:00/10:00pm, sleep ins or waking nights, some weekends.
Please note that the shifts may vary.
Bank Positions also available.
The Ideal Candidate
You should be
- Experienced in supporting people with a learning disability and bi-polar disorder.
- Be resilient, patient and understanding. It may take a while to be able to develop a strong bond with me.
- Be consistent in your support approach.
- Be able to adapt to different situations quickly
You should have
- The right attitude! Positive and motivated.
- A good attendance record.
- The ability to work well as part of a team, and with other professionals involved in my support.
This is a specialist supported living support service in Carlisle, and we have high expectations for our staff. You will receive all the necessary training prior to supporting the person and this will take place locally. Please call the number below for an informal discussion - if you would like to know more.
Why Turning Point?
We take pride in the services that we provide. There is one vision that everyone at Turning Point shares, which is held together by our values. These include believing in potential, communicating in a confident way, embracing change and treating each other as individuals.
Running services on a not-for-profit basis, we invest every penny back into our services - and, our people. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support people with Learning Disabilities to live fulfilling lives - here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job: we offer you a career.
Training and Development
We offer training to all those who want to develop their skills and competencies not just in the care sector but in other areas too.
- Level 2 and 3 Lead Adult Care Worker
- Level 3 Operational Team Leader team leader
- Level 5 Management and Leadership take away
Please note training will be offered after your probation period ends which is 6 months. Once you begin your training with us you will have your own coach who will support you through your programme.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work.
We understand reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our Total Reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive opportunities to learn and develop, so we can invest in your future – we have a silver accreditation from Investors in People
- Access to Blue Light Card discounts as well as exclusive discounts to Turning Point employees, on mobile phones, gym memberships, shopping and much more
- Flexible working solutions so we can support your work-life balance
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays and spread the cost
- Access to free financial education, counselling, occupational health, and advice services – some of which your family can use too – to support your total wellbeing
- Free life cover of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension scheme to support your savings and security
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication
- Flexible benefit options including Cycle to Work schemes and interest-free Season Ticket Loans