Clinical Lead - Douglas House
Everyone’s Turning Point is unique. It’s the moment when someone realises they have made a small, but important step forward. Very often, that small step is the start of the recovery process!
Douglas House Independent Hospital, located in a community setting in South Manchester, is a Nurse led service. It is a centre of excellence for rehabilitation, treatment and the care of 12 men and women suffering from illnesses that are psychotic in nature. Rated ‘Outstanding’ at our last CQC Inspection, Douglas House is a great place to work! if you are passionate about recovery focused interventions, and enjoy working in a truly meaningful multi-disciplinary team? Then this job may be for you!
We encourage our patients to reach their full potential, working towards their personal recovery goals. Ultimately our aim is to reintroduce and maintain daily living skills, psychosocial interventions, and the necessary skills to equip people to integrate and live more independently in the Community.
We are now looking for a dynamic, innovative, committed, and enthusiastic Clinical Lead.
You will lead, and guide staff from a variety of disciplines, including, Nurses, support staff, Assistant Psychologist, an OT and an Art Therapist. You will play a key role in the multi-disciplinary team. You will lead on evidence-based frameworks and treatments, including adherence to NICE guidance, and all aspects of Clinical Governance.
For the suitably qualified and experienced individual, the professional challenges will be significant and varied, but also very rewarding.
Reporting to the Service Manager, you will be responsible for leading the team on the co-ordination and continuous improvement of care packages and risk management plans. You will ensure leadership and guidance on the consistent provision of high-quality person-centred care.
You will deputise in the Service Managers absence and take part in an on-call system. On a day-to-day basis, you will lead and manage the team; ensuring the quality and smooth running of this community based service.
The Ideal Candidate
You will be a Registered Mental Health Nurse.
You will have knowledge and a skill set of working with this SU group and clinical pathway, including those with a dual diagnosis.
Douglas House admits patients under the mental health act, therefore experience of working with detained patients will be essential.
You will be required to work 37 hours per week over 5 days (Monday to Friday), including taking part in an on-call system.
Ideally you will have experience of working with people with illnesses that are psychotic in nature.
Ideally you will be committed to coproduction and meaningful service user involvement; you will be able to demonstrate evidence of working collaboratively on all aspect of recovery focused intervention and care, for this SU group.
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What benefits will I receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- NMC renewal registration fee paid for
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 33 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closing date.