Chartered Clinical, Counselling or Forensic Psychologist - IMPACT
“Newly Qualified Applications Considered”
Part Time – 2 Days Per Week / 14 Hours Per Week
At Turning Point, we are recognised leaders in helping people recover from addiction and gain control of their lives. By providing the right support at the right time, and making sure that people can find all the help they need through a single point of contact, we have grown into one of the largest providers of substance misuse services in England and Wales. Right now, we are now looking for a talented Chartered Clinical or Counselling Psychologist to ensure the effective management, development and delivery of all psycho-social interventions within our community-based substance misuse services in Swindon and Wiltshire.
IMPACT Swindon and Wiltshire Active Recovery service is a fully integrated adult service delivered by Turning Point since April 2018. We were awarded a rating of “Outstanding “ by the CQC in 2019. There will be a focus on partnership working throughout the services to help those in the local community who need support to achieve their goals.
As we have adapted our service delivery model in response to COVID-19 and alongside Public Health England guidance, we have developed new technology and approaches to deliver services in ways that ensure we continue to deliver services that are both safe and effective for service users and staff alike. The successful candidate will be expected to embrace new approaches alongside more traditional methods.
You will offer clinical guidance, training and leadership to a team that delivers psycho-social interventions to both individuals and groups. You will use your expertise to build on a range of innovative approaches with people who use substances. In addition to being responsible for the systematic governance of these and other services, you will offer practical advice on CBT and other evidence-based psychological interventions to colleagues as well as local agencies and organisations. Inspiring, developing and coordinating everyone on your team will of course, be a vital part of your role. We will also expect you to have a small caseload of service users with complex needs, providing specialist psychological assessments and therapies.
Beyond the operational level, you will have a significant impact on the strategic direction and development of the service as a whole. This will include building strong professional links with other statutory and voluntary service providers and using your expertise to put relevant support and education structures in place. You will also explore ways to continuously improve our services and integrate wider issues - housing, employment and finances, for example – into the overall treatment process. You will be invited to work with our national team of Clinical, Counselling and Forensic Psychologists to develop psychological and psycho-social approaches used across services and to pursue a therapeutic specialism that fits with service needs.
The Ideal Candidate
Along with up to date registration through the Health and Social Professions Council (HCPC) as a Clinical, Counselling or Forensic Psychologist, you will need a doctorate in your professional specialism and proven ability to deliver psychological services. Your experience of leading and supervising clinical staff will ideally be supported by experience of working with substance misuse Service Users. Formal training in supervision, whilst not essential, would be desirable. Excellent communication skills, adaptability and commitment to the Recovery Agenda, will all contribute to you becoming a vital member of our clinical leadership team.
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 33 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 35 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £200 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.