CBT Therapist - City & Hackney
Fixed Term Contract – Up to 19 Months
Part Time Applications Considered
Through new funding released by Public Health England you have the opportunity to play an integral role in an innovative pilot working with substance using offenders across the London Borough of Hackney.
There is a strong focus on partnership working throughout the service to help those in the criminal justice system who need support to achieve their goals. We deliver psycho-social and prescribing treatment and support from our hubs and from outreach settings, ensuring a holistic and inclusive approach to recovery in this all-age drug and alcohol service.
To manage, implement and quality audit Turning Point community substance misuse service’s Psycho Social Interventions (PSI), both individual and group-based, within City and Hackney’s ADDER Criminal Justice team. The CBT Therapist will work alongside the Clinical Psychologist to provide clinical guidance and training for the teams to ensure high quality interventions are offered. To hold a small caseload and provide 1:1 CBT to service users with complex needs. To provide regular clinical supervision encouraging reflective practice and support all internal and external audits and inspections. To work in line with regulatory and professional body guidance and policy. To inspire the teams and have an inclusive and participatory management style. To contribute to psychology-related projects with the national Psychology team as agreed with Lead Clinical Psychologist.
The Ideal Candidate
- MSc in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (or equivalent as recognised by the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP)
- Up to date accreditation through the BABCP (or eligible for accreditation)
- Experience in managing a caseload of Service Users with complex needs.
- Proven track record in managing incidents of challenging behaviour.
- Experience of delivery and coordination of group work programmes.
- Experience in providing clinical supervision.
- Ensure knowledge and Continued Professional Development are maintained.
Experience in substance misuse is desirable but not essential.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 33 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 35 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £200 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.