Bank Support Worker - Worcester
Do you have a caring nature? Are you looking to make a difference to people's lives? Do you want to work in an environment where no two days are the same? Are you flexible with your working hours? Can you see yourself providing care to adults who need your support?
If you have answered a big YES to these questions we would love to hear from you.
At Turning Point, we support people with Learning Disabilities across England. As a Support Worker, you will make a real difference to residents' lives as you improve their daily living skills. Passionate about people, you will enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress with us.
Where will I be working?
We have various Supported living services in Worcester for younger adults.
WR4- You will be supporting three ladies with moderate Learning Disabilities. We enjoy going out shopping and getting involved in activities in and out of our home. The two ladies at this service have individual needs and the role of the support worker will be to support the clients in all areas of personal, domestic and social needs, both at home and in the community.
WR3- The service is a converted bungalow that is split into two flats that house two gentlemen with learning disabilities, Acquired Brain injury and associated illnesses. The role will include assisting the individuals to become independent in all areas of their life through support and learning. The individuals are very active and enjoys a variety of different sports which they attend in different locations in the local area. They also attend college where they are learning new skills and the support worker will assist with college work.
All the people at this service have individual needs and it is the role of the support worker to support the people in all areas of personal, domestic and social needs, both at home and in the community.
Training and Development
We offer training to all those who want to develop their skills and competencies not just in the care sector but in other areas too.
- Level 2 and 3 Lead Adult Care Worker
- Level 3 Operational Team Leader
Please note training will be offered after your probation period ends which is 6 months. Once you begin your training with us you will have your own coach who will support you through your programme.
This is a bank contract, if you lead a busy life and want to pick up a few shifts here and there, this would be ideal for you. We have a wide range of shifts including mornings, afternoons, nights and weekends.
What will I be doing?
This is a hands-on job in which no two days are the same. Your duties will include:
- Promoting the independence of people we support
- Supporting a full range of daily activities including cleaning and cooking, days out or going away on holiday
- Arranging activities in the home and in the local community
- Developing residents' life skills and personal interests
- Helping residents stay safe and healthy
- Assisting with personal care needs
- Manual handling
- Supporting people with medication
- Ensuring record keeping is maintained to the required standard at all times and contributing to service monitoring requirements
The Ideal Candidate
What skills and qualities do I need to have?
Whilst knowledge of learning disabilities and complex needs would be beneficial, it isn't essential. What is essential is that you are:
- Passionate, caring and enthusiastic
- Flexible, patient and non-judgemental
- A great team player with lots of energy
- Able to demonstrate good communication skills
- Able to complete the physical aspects of the role such as manual handling where needed
Legislation recently introduced, which will come into force on 1 April 2022 means that for our services that conduct “Regulated Activity” as defined by the CQC, require us to ensure that any applicant is able to evidence at least one COVID-19 vaccination with a planned date scheduled for the second vaccination to take place by 1st April 2022 – therefore all offers will be made subject to candidates providing satisfactory evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination status (or relevant exemption). Details of what will amount to satisfactory evidence can be provided upon request.
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What benefits will I receive?
Being a member of our bank is a fantastic opportunity to work flexibly around your existing commitments, giving you control over when you want to work in order to suit your own circumstances. But not only that – being employed by Turning Point will also give you access to many of our rewards! Here are some of the great benefits you’ll be eligible for:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People
- An annual leave entitlement that accrues as you work, to the equivalent of 28 days a year
- Access to Blue Light Card discounts as well an exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!