Bank Support Worker - Thanet
Do you have a caring nature? Are you looking to make a difference to people's lives? Do you want to work in an environment where no two days are the same? Are you flexible with your working hours? Can you see yourself providing care to adults who need your support?
If you have answered a big YES to these questions we would love to hear from you.
At Turning Point, we support people with Learning Disabilities across England.
As a Support Worker, you will make a real difference to people's lives as you improve their daily living skills. Passionate about people, you will enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress with us.
Where will I be working?
You will be working in one of our services in Broadstairs, Garlinge or Birchington. Our services in Thanet Area offer a 24 hour supported living facilities in providing support for adults with Learning Disabilities. We tailor our support to enable people to be as independent as possible.
This area sees 8 flats in one location where Support Workers are linked to work with a specific person based on shared preferences and personalities creating a bespoke core team of staff.
Days can consist of supporting people to meet with friends or family, accessing health professionals, housework, shopping, day trips, cooking, holidays, Gym classes.
People that we support here have a mixture of communication, mobility and health needs and this would be described as a quiet but active environment. This location is perfect for access to local transport being close to the train station and bus routes, with the local town just up the road.
Within this location we support people with learning and physical disabilities to live within their own purpose built flat. This area sees 8 flats in one location where Support Workers are linked to work with a specific person based on shared preferences and personalities creating a bespoke core team of staff.
People that we support here have a mixture of communication, mobility and health needs and this would be described as a busy and active environment. A local bus route directly opposite is available for those using public transport.
Within this location have two areas where we support people with learning and physical disabilities to live within their own purpose built flats, one area sees 6 flats and another supports 4 people. Support Workers are linked to work with a specific person based on shared preferences and personalities creating a bespoke core team of staff.
People that we support here have a mixture of communication, mobility and health needs and these would be described as quieter environments.
This location offers a bus route for those using public transport and walking distance to the busy Broadstairs town.
This is a 24 hour service. You will be offered a range of shifts from 7:00/8:00 am to 2:00/3:00 pm and 2:00/3:00 pm to 9:00/10:00 pm,sleep ins or waking nights, some weekends.
Please note that working hours may vary from service to service.
What will I be doing?
This is a hands-on job in which no two days are the same. Your duties will include:
- Promoting the independence of people we support
- Supporting a full range of daily activities including cleaning and cooking, days out or going away on holiday
- Arranging activities in the home and in the local community
- Developing residents' life skills and personal interests
- Helping residents stay safe and healthy
- Assisting with personal care needs
- Manual handling
- Supporting people with medication
- Ensuring record keeping is maintained to the required standard at all times and contributing to service monitoring requirements
The Ideal Candidate
What skills and qualities do I need to have?
Whilst knowledge of learning disabilities and complex needs would be beneficial, it isn't essential. What is essential is that you are:
- Passionate, caring and enthusiastic
- Flexible, patient and non-judgemental
- A great team player with lots of energy
- Able to demonstrate good communication skills
- Able to complete the physical aspects of the role such as manual handling where needed
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What benefits will I receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Comprehensive Learning and Development opportunities - we are Investors in People Silver accredited
- 28 days holiday, increasing with each year of service until 30 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible benefit options including, bike to work schemes and season ticket loans
- Competitive Pension and Life Assurance scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme and access to online Health and Wellbeing support
- Flexible working patterns to support work/life balance
- Access to a wide range of discounts including Cinema, Groceries and Gym.
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics