Bank Support Worker - Station Road
- Do you have a caring nature and are you looking to make a difference to people's lives?
- Do you want to work in an environment where no two days are the same and have flexibility with your working hours?
- Can you see yourself providing care to adults who need your support and are you inspired by the possibilities?
If you have answered a big YES to these questions this may very well be the job for you….
Turning Point takes pride in the services we provide. There is one vision that everyone shares at Turning Point, which is held together by our core values. These include; believing that everyone has the potential to grow, learn and make choices, communicating in an authentic and confident way, embracing change and treating each other and those we support as individuals and delivering better outcomes by encouraging ideas.
We run our services on a not-for-profit basis. We invest every penny back into our services - and, our people. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to supporting people with learning disabilities, to live fulfilling lives, Turning Point is for you.
Training and Development
We offer training to all those who want to develop their skills and competencies not just in the care sector but in other areas too.
- Level 2 and 3 Lead Adult Care Worker
- Level 3 Operational Team Leader
Please note training will be offered after your probation period ends which is 6 months. Once you begin your training with us you will have your own coach who will support you through your programme.
About the people you will be supporting:
2B Station Road
We are a group of 6 people with learning disabilities who have lived together for a number of years. We enjoy spending time together but also have individual interests, to which we need support to be able to take part in. Station Road (BD14) will be our new home, where we need support to live as independently as possible.
We like to visit our families and have strong friendships with other people outside of our home which we need 1-1 support to maintain. We are an active bunch of people and enjoy 1-1 support to attend local social groups, church and going to the pub. Some of us also like to go swimming and horse riding. This is very much a hands-on job where no two days are the same.
2C Station Road
We are a group of 5 ladies with learning disabilities who have lived together for a number of years. We enjoy spending time together but also have individual interests, to which we need support to be able to take part in. Station Road is our home, where we need support to live as independently as possible.
We like to visit our families and we enjoy to visit others outside of our home which we need 1-1 support to maintain. We all have individual interests and these can vary from going away on holiday, day trips, art & crafts, gardening, singing/dancing and planning karaoke & theme nights. This is very much a hands-on job where no two days are the same.
Experience is desirable for the night post.
Shift Patterns may look like this:
This is a bank contract, if you lead a busy life and want to pick up a few shifts here and there, this would be ideal for you. We have a wide range of shifts including mornings, afternoons, nights and weekends.
Please note that working hours may vary from service to service.
Daily support we need from you:
- Assisting with our personal care needs
- Manual handling
- Supporting us with medication including creams and lotions
- Ensuring our record keeping is maintained to the highest standard, this will include finance records as these will be audited
- Supporting us with our finances
- Liaising with the Landlord regarding our tenancies and any repairs.
The Ideal Candidate
Whilst knowledge of our learning disabilities and complex needs would be beneficial, it isn't essential. What is essential is that you are:
- Passionate, caring and enthusiastic
- Flexible, patient and non-judgemental
- A great team player with lots of energy
- Able to demonstrate good communication skills
- Able to complete the physical aspects of the role such as manual handling where needed
- Transferable experience of helping people to manage anxiety
If this describes you we would love to hear from you and receive your application for the role.
The benefits you will receive from Turning Point are:
We don't just offer you a job: we offer you a career, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress with us.
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work.
We understand reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our Total Reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive opportunities to learn and develop, so we can invest in your future – we have a silver accreditation from Investors in People
- Access to Blue Light Card discounts as well as exclusive discounts to Turning Point employees, on mobile phones, gym memberships, shopping and much more
- Flexible working solutions so we can support your work-life balance
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays and spread the cost
- Access to free financial education, counselling, occupational health, and advice services – some of which your family can use too – to support your total wellbeing
- A mileage claim scheme
- Free life cover of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension scheme to support your savings and security
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication
- Flexible benefit options including Cycle to Work schemes and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- *any local benefits to team or area added in by manager e.g. team meals, free parking
RAF scheme statement such as “Are you already an employee at Turning Point and can think of someone perfect for this role? Successfully recommend a friend as a new colleague and get a £200 bonus!”
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics