Bank Support Worker - Stafford
Do you have a caring nature? Are you looking to make a difference to people's lives? Do you want to work in an environment where no two days are the same? Are you flexible with your working hours? Can you see yourself providing care to adults who need your support?
If you have answered a big YES to these questions we would love to hear from you.
At Turning Point, we support people with Learning Disabilities across England.
As a Support Worker, you will make a real difference to residents' lives as you improve their daily living skills. Passionate about people, you will enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress with us.
Where will I be working?
Our services in Stafford provide a 24-hour supported living facility in providing care for adults with Learning Disabilities. We accommodate up to 8 people with mild to complex Learning Disabilities. We tailor our services to enable people to be as independent as possible.
This is a 24-hour service, therefore flexibility is essential. You will be working a range of shifts including waking nights and some weekends.
What will I be doing?
This is a hands-on job in which no two days are the same. Your duties will include:
- Promoting the independence of people we support
- Supporting a full range of daily activities including cleaning and cooking, days out or going away on holiday
- Arranging activities in the home and in the local community
- Developing residents' life skills and personal interests
- Helping residents stay safe and healthy
- Assisting with personal care needs
- Manual handling
- Supporting people with medication
- Ensuring record keeping is maintained to the required standard at all times and contributing to service monitoring requirements
The Ideal Candidate
What skills and qualities do I need to have?
Whilst knowledge of learning disabilities and complex needs would be beneficial, it isn't essential. What is essential is that you are:
- Passionate, caring and enthusiastic
- Flexible, patient and non-judgemental
- A great team player with lots of energy
- Able to demonstrate good communication skills
- Able to complete the physical aspects of the role such as manual handling where needed
Legislation recently introduced, which will come into force on 1 April 2022 means that for our services that conduct “Regulated Activity” as defined by the CQC, require us to ensure that any applicant is able to evidence at least one COVID-19 vaccination with a planned date scheduled for the second vaccination to take place by 1st April 2022 – therefore all offers will be made subject to candidates providing satisfactory evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination status (or relevant exemption). Details of what will amount to satisfactory evidence can be provided upon request.
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What benefits will I receive?
Being a member of our bank is a fantastic opportunity to work flexibly around your existing commitments, giving you control over when you want to work in order to suit your own circumstances. But not only that – being employed by Turning Point will also give you access to many of our rewards! Here are some of the great benefits you’ll be eligible for:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People
- An annual leave entitlement that accrues as you work, to the equivalent of 28 days a year
- Access to Blue Light Card discounts as well an exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!