Bank Nurse - Garrow House
We are looking for dedicated, passionate and skilled bank nurses to join our established and experienced team at Garrow House in York. Our service is a 12 bed NHS England commissioned Tier 4 Personality Disorder service offering support to women, primarily from Yorkshire and the Humber, but in some cases nationally.
We offer a specialist service with the aim of providing a step down service from more secure settings, or in some cases to support women who have had experienced repeated inpatient admissions, in order to lead a life outside of hospital.
Our team consists of nurses, support workers, a social worker, occupational therapist, service user involvement worker, clinical psychologist, and consultant psychiatrist. Together we provide the resources that enable people to build upon their recovery and achieve their goals. We work collaboratively with community mental and physical health services to ensure people have the best chance of success.
Turning Point is focused on constantly finding ways to support more people to discover new possibilities in their lives. We are guided by our values:
- We believe that everyone has the potential to grow, learn and make choices;
- We all communicate in an authentic and confident way that blends support of challenge;
- We are here to embrace change even when it is complex and uncomfortable;
- We treat each other and those we support as individuals however difficult and challenging;
- We deliver better outcomes by encouraging ideas and new thinking;
- We commit to building a strong and financially viable Turning Point together to help us achieve our goal.
The quality of our service is very important to us. In order to provide a quality service we understand the need to invest in our staff. To this end we provide a comprehensive training package. In addition to ensuring that we are able to deliver a quality service, this is also good news for professionals in meeting their continued professional development requirements.
The underpinning model for the service is Cognitive Analytical Therapy (CAT). All of our staff receives three full days of training in CAT including:
- Initial one day ‘4 P’s’ relational model training;
- Two days Introduction to CAT training, tailored to our service
In addition to this, all staff receive a full week’s induction training delivered in-house, which includes:
- Personality Disorder Awareness
- Boundaries and Personality Disorder
- Recovery Star / Recovery Planning
- Mental Health Act / Mental Capacity Act
- Risk Management and use of START*
*START - Short Term Assessment of Risk and Treatability Risk Assessment Tool
Further training offered by the service includes DBT awareness as well as a comprehensive e-learning package to ensure that our mandatory training is completed. In addition to this training we are able to offer the opportunity to take other courses including degree modules, subject to agreement with the management and relevance to the service. We offer clinical supervision in house, and are able to offer newly qualified nurses the opportunity to have their first post with us, including a comprehensive and supportive preceptorship package.
The Ideal Candidate
If you are someone who understands the importance of recovery and are passionate about seeing people achieve their best, then we want to hear from you. We need you to be a qualified nurse, with an understanding of recovery models/approaches and a good understanding of mental health issues and the way in which they are managed (including knowledge of the mental health act, mental capacity act and care program approach).
In return for your hard work, dedication and commitment, we can offer the opportunity to grow, learn and develop as a practitioner in an environment that is focused on recovery and collaborative MDT working.
As a bank nurse you are able to pick up shifts that fit in with your own schedule and that offer flexibility over the 7 days that the service operates.
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Comprehensive opportunities to learn and develop, with silver accreditation from Investors in People
- Flexible benefit options including cycle to work schemes and season ticket loans
- Competitive pension and life assurance schemes
- Employee assistance programme and access to online health and wellbeing support
- Flexible working patterns to support work-life balance
- Access to a wide range of discounts, including cinema tickets, grocery and high-street shopping and gym memberships