Bank Mental Health Support Worker - Midpoint
At Turning Point, we support people across the UK with mental health needs. As a Support Worker with a sector leader within mental health, you’ll make a real difference to their lives as you develop the personal, flexible and recovery-focused support plans they need to help turn things around. Passionate about people, you’ll support them to take control, improve their quality of life and face the future with confidence.
Midpoint provides residential rehabilitation for 10 people with severe and enduring mental health problems.
Midpoint caters for people aged from 18 and over who have been diagnosed with severe and enduring mental illness and are on the enhanced level of the Care Programme Approach. Clients who have co-existing issues such as substance misuse or mild learning disabilities are not excluded from the service but will undergo a full assessment to determine whether we are able to provide appropriate support. Midpoint is a purpose-built accommodation, providing individual rooms with en-suite bathrooms, dining and lounge areas and communal kitchens for clients to prepare their own meals.
The project also provides 1 step down bed for people who are leaving the inpatient ward but who need a period of support before returning to independent living and 1 crisis bed when there are vacancies within the step down service. The Crisis Bed is available for an individual who is experiencing a crisis and would benefit from an individually tailored period of support in a safe and supportive setting away from their current situation.
You need to be flexible to work various shift patterns including late shifts, nights and weekends.
The service accepts referrals for individuals with complex needs where there is a severe and enduring mental health difficulty. Many of the people who come to Midpoint have a dual diagnosis (co-existing mental health and substance use/ misuse issues). As such, many of the clients have complex needs and need support in a wide range of areas in their life.
You will be preparing residents to live as independently as possible in the community.
The Ideal Candidate
We’re ideally looking for a Support Worker with experience of working with people with long-term mental health issues and a good understanding of the issues they face and the recovery model. A team player with lots of energy, you’ll also need the strong communication skills, flexible approach and positive attitude needed to achieve targets in a challenging, changeable environment. With empathy, understanding and patience, we’ll not only expect you to like taking to people – but be passionate about helping them too.
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What benefits will I receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closing date.