Bank Helpline Recovery Worker
At Turning Point, we support people across England with mental health issues. We make a real difference to their lives as we introduce them to the personal, flexible and realistic support they need to improve the quality of their lives in their communities. Passionate about people, you'll enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience, training and education you need to progress in your career with us.
The Nottinghamshire Urgent Access Line provides urgent crisis and mental health support to a range of people within Nottinghamshire. Turning Point deliver this service in partnership with Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.
The helpline supports children and young people, adults and their families who may be experiencing difficulties with managing their mental health and periods of emotional distress and mental health crisis. Through personalised support, that explores coping mechanisms and provides information on accessible organisations and services within the local area. Professionals and other organisations are also able to contact the helpline for advice or information on working with people who may be struggling with their mental health.
The service is available 7 days a week, 365 days a year. We have various shifts available including evenings, waking nights and weekends.
Our team of dedicated Recovery Workers are on hand to provide mental health and crisis support, discuss emotional and practical issues someone might be facing, and explore strategies that may help an individual to cope with their situation.
So if you are someone who wants to make a difference in the lives of the people we support, this opportunity is perfect for you.
As a helpline recovery worker, you will be a key member of our team, providing emotional support and a listening ear to a wide range of callers.
You will use your knowledge and skills to explore issues relating to mental health and other wider social issues and signpost callers to relevant organisations. You will support callers to utilise coping strategies and offer support and guidance on learning new skills that promote wellbeing.
As a helpline recovery worker, you will use your ability to think on your feet to help callers manage their distress and provide crisis support where needed.
- Working collaboratively with service users to provide crisis intervention and de-escalation techniques to support with recovery.
- Providing immediate support where needed with problem solving
- Identify risk factors and safeguard service users appropriately.
- Complete appropriate signposting to both internal and external services in accordance with identified needs
- Ensuring record keeping is maintained to the required standards at all times and contributing to service monitoring requirements.
- Ensuring the service is represented in a professional manner at all times.
- Contributing to the co-development of the service by supporting service user, family and carer involvement by obtaining feedback and supporting where necessary chances to be involved in wider service reviews.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who is able to use their knowledge and experience to provide a safe space and listening ear to support individuals with their mental health crisis in a compassionate and recovery focused way. With a naturally ability to make people feel calm and listened to without judgement, our candidate uses their skills to help a wide range of callers.
Ideally our candidate has experience in the mental health sector and has a proven track record of supporting individuals in distress.
Excellent communication skills are essential as well as a calm and professional attitude.
We are looking for a resilient and focused individual, who is able to demonstrate their ability to stay focused and alert during busy shifts and to navigate through high call demands.
Our candidate is experienced in working with a wide range of other organisations from statutory to third sector. Our team works closely alongside the NHS Trust to provide enhanced support and get the best possible outcomes for our callers.
We are looking for an individual who is committed and shows a willingness to work a part of a team to deliver the best recovery focused care.
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What benefits will I receive?
Being a member of our bank is a fantastic opportunity to work flexibly around your existing commitments, giving you control over when you want to work in order to suit your own circumstances. But not only that – being employed by Turning Point will also give you access to many of our rewards! Here are some of the great benefits you’ll be eligible for:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People
- An annual leave entitlement that accrues as you work, to the equivalent of 28 days a year
- Access to Blue Light Card discounts as well an exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closing date.