Assistant Psychologist - Nottingham Connect
At Turning Point, we support people across England with mental health issues. We make a real difference to their lives as we introduce them to the personal, flexible and realistic support they need to improve the quality of their lives in their communities. Passionate about people, you'll enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience, training and education you need to progress in your career with us.
Nottingham Connect is a community-based service that offers innovative and proactive support to individuals with a diagnosis of a Personality Disorder. The service delivers strengths-based and psychologically informed support using a blended method of both face to face and digital technology.
Our clients are supported for up to 14 weeks support with a real focus on a group-based sessions promoting the education and development of skills, involving elements of Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, Mood Management and Mindfulness Relapse Prevention Skills, facilitated by a team of Assistant Psychologists and Peer Support Workers.
The Nottingham Connect Hub is based within Nottingham city, with the programme delivered across Nottingham, Mansfield and Ashfield.
This role is a great opportunity for someone looking to further enhance their skills and experience in a collaborative and innovative service.
You will be responsible for helping to deliver a community based, psychologically informed programme of support to individuals with complex needs around trauma and emotional distress, who may have a diagnosis of Personality Disorder. You will deliver this programme using a blended approach of face to face support and accessible digital technology, both in group and 1-1 settings. You will use elements of evidence-based psychological interventions such as DBT, trauma-informed practice and mindfulness relapse prevention skills to form the base of interventions and support.
You will assist in the psychological assessment, intervention and risk formulation under the supervision of our Clinical Psychologist.
Working in a multi-disciplinary team, you will work jointly with your colleagues to provide a comprehensive approach to care and support, in line with clinical governance and professional guidelines.
You will have some responsibility in supporting our Clinical Psychologist to compile clinical reports, data collection and other clinically related administrative tasks.
Part of your role will involve supporting individuals across the county, involving some travelling to community spaces to deliver group sessions.
The Ideal Candidate
We are ideally looking for an individual with a comprehensive knowledge and skills base of working with individuals with complex needs around trauma who may have a diagnosis of Personality Disorder.
You will have great understanding of Psychological Interventions such as Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, Mindfulness and other evidence-based support practices.
You will have good insight of the risk assessment process and have experience using standard risk assessment tools.
Being able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team as well as managing your workload independently is important.
On a practical level, you will have excellent organisational skills, effective communication and a willingness to be flexible and innovative in your approach. Individuals with creative skills who are passionate about designing and creating psychological contents are strongly encouraged to apply for this role.
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What benefits will I receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closing date.