Apprentice PWP Trainee - Total Wellbeing Luton
Everyone's Turning Point is unique. It's the moment when they realise they've made a small, but important, step forward. Very often, that small step is the start of something bigger. But only when the right support, advice and services are in place. That's where you come in, working in our Talking Therapies service, as part of our highly successful and innovative 'Improving Access to Psychological Therapies' (IAPT) delivery model.
We support people who are having difficulty in coping and who may be suffering from a common mental illness such as depression, anxiety or phobias. Our approach embeds the notion of well-being and recovery and promotes personal responsibility for lifestyle choices and self-management of mental well-being. For our clients, this has resulted in a highly accessible and user-friendly service available across Luton.
We are now recruiting Apprentice PWP Trainee's for our Luton IAPT service. As part of the role, you will undertake the University Certificate Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner plus the PWP apprenticeship at University of East Anglia to start in August 22nd 2022. Please only apply if you are able to commence employment on this date.
Apprenticeship training route leads to full qualification to work as a PWP but that it includes additional End Point Assessments following the successful completion of the university academic award (a certificate of higher education)
If you're inspired by the social model of mental health that works holistically according to need rather than diagnosis and would like to help us achieve our vision, we can offer a competitive remuneration package and excellent training and development opportunities.
The Ideal Candidate
As a trainee, you will at need at least 1 years' previous experience of working with individuals who have encountered mental health problems. It goes without saying that you will need outstanding organisational and communication skills and the drive to become a qualified practitioner, as well as the ability to work well within a team environment.
You will require a minimum academic qualifications of GCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English, or Functional Skills (or equivalent) Level 2 in Maths and English. It is essential that you can provide copies of these certificates for verficiation before apprentices can begin the training.
You will be required to work on an outreach and rota basis in the community as the service operates 6 days per week and you must be available to attend the University 1 to 2 day per week.
We will close the advert on Friday 27th May, or once we receive 100 applications so please don't hesitate to submit your application if you are interested.
Video interviews will be held on Thursday 9th and Friday 10th June 2022 and we regret to advise that we will be unable to accommodate requests for alternative interview dates as interviews take place jointly with the university to ensure all academic requirements can be met.
If you are successful in securing a position, you must be able to provide photo ID, proof of Eligibility to work and proof of any academic qualifications. Offers cannot be made without this information.
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we receive sufficient applicants before the advertised closed date.