Alcohol Recovery Worker - Wakefield Inspiring Recovery
Experience of working with clients with problematic alcohol use would be preferred.
Turning Point is a leading Social Enterprise which supports people with a wide range of complex needs across Learning Disabilities, Mental Health, Substance Misuse and Public Health. We are currently recruiting for a Alcohol Recovery Worker to work in our Wakefield Inspiring Integrated Substance Misuse Service, where you’ll have the chance to make a real difference to the lives of the people we support who are experiencing difficulties from drugs and alcohol usage.
Passionate about people, you’ll enjoy the opportunity and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress in your career within a social enterprise. So if you’re ambitious and ready for a fresh challenge with a sector leader then this could be the opportunity for you.
Running health and social care services as a social enterprise, we invest every penny back into our care – and our people. So, if you’re ambitious and ready for a fresh challenge, progress your career with a sector leader.
To assist in delivering TP’s Substance Misuse strategy by planning and providing high quality, innovative care which reflects our person centred values and the high levels of ambition we have for the recovery of the individuals for whom we provide support.
Work flexibly in a variety of settings to create care and support plans that meet the needs of the service and clients in accordance with the recovery agenda, by;-
- Developing strength-based recovery plans with individuals that are; comprehensive, person-centred and individualised based on a clear assessment of that individual’s needs and circumstances.
- Involving individuals and their family/advocates in the planning of the individual’s care.
- Completing accurate, person-centred and individualised risk assessments.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven verbal and written communications that can be modified to different situations
- Collaborative team working skills
- Adaptable and resilient to work in a changing and challenging environment
- Ability to deliver against agreed goals, targets and outcomes.
- Experience of working with service users who are alcohol dependant.
- Alcohol misuse knowledge
- Evidence that demonstrates DANOS competence
- Recovery caseload management of both high volumes and complex nature
- Able to deliver client interventions in a person- centred way
- Demonstrable skills and knowledge in assessing risk presented by clients to themselves and others
- Harm reduction, suicide and self harm awareness
- Wide and flexible range of client interventions
- Management of incidents of a violent or aggressive nature
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Comprehensive opportunities to learn and develop, with silver accreditation fromInvestors in People
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible benefit options including cycle to work schemes and season ticket loans
- Competitive pension and life assurance schemes
- Employee assistance programme and access to online health and wellbeing support
- Flexible working patterns to support work-life balance
- Access to a wide range of discounts, including cinema tickets, grocery and high-street shopping and gym memberships
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.