Administrator - Wakefield Inspiring Recovery
At Turning Point, it’s our job to help people find a new direction in life. Join our Wakefield Services as an Administrator and you could too. Here you’ll make a real difference to the lives of people with complex needs who are dealing with substance misuse issues.
As an Administrator, you’ll provide wide-ranging administrative support to our team, so they can focus on helping people to get back on their feet by supporting the development of personal, flexible and realistic support packages.
Running substance misuse services on a not-for-profit basis, we invest every penny back into our care – and our people. So, if you’re ambitious, focused on supporting substance misuse and looking for an administrative role with real value, progress your career with us.
Making sure everything runs smoothly is at the heart of our services, your duties will include reception cover and general administrative support to a multi-disciplinary team which includes clinical, procurement and financial administrative procedures. You’ll deal with a large number of people every day too, so it’s important you’re the sort of person who thrives in a very busy, challenging environment where you’re able to treat every individual without prejudice.
The Ideal Candidate
We’re looking for a confident communicator who can prioritise a varied workload and provide wide-ranging administrative support – and it’s vital that you’re able to achieve this without losing your methodical attention to detail. It would be an essential to have knowledge and experience of Excel and other Microsoft systems and you will be trained on our data systems. What is essential is that you’ve experience in a client focused role where you’ve had to maintain confidentiality. Although, time management, organisational, IT skills are just as important as your communication and people skills. Dynamic and driven, you’re someone with a naturally positive disposition and will fit in really well in our team.
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Comprehensive opportunities to learn and develop, with silver accreditation from Investors in People
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible benefit options including cycle to work schemes and season ticket loans
- Competitive pension and life assurance schemes
- Employee assistance programme and access to online health and wellbeing suppor
- Flexible working patterns to support work-life balance
- Access to a wide range of discounts, including cinema tickets, grocery and high-street shopping and gym memberships
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.