Administrator - LLR
At Turning Point, we support people across the UK to overcome substance misuse issues. Your administration skills will make a real difference to the lives of people we work with. An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our team as an Administrator.
Running services on a not–for–profit basis, we invest every penny back into our care and our people. Develop your skills and career and take on this key role in our Leicester and Leicestershire Substance Misuse service and help to make a big difference in your local community.
This post is based in the reception office at our Eldon Street, Leicester, Hub. The main responsibilities are to greet service users and visitors to the premises and answering the telephone. Additional administration responsibilities include booking appointments, preparing correspondence to GPs, carrying out health and safety checks, ensuring smooth running of very busy reception area, being able to work in high pressure environment and being a good communicator.
- To manage and man reception area and reception desk
- To greet service users and visitors to the premises
- Able to quickly identify the needs of the service user to ensure minimal waiting times
- Check service user appointments
- Liaise with team members when service users need to be seen
- Answering the telephone
- Liaise with other team members and assisting with enquiries
- General administration
- Ensuring confidentiality of the service users
- Completing all entries on case management system (CIM) in a timely manner
The Ideal Candidate
We’re looking for a confident communicator who can prioritise a varied workload and provide great customer service.. Comfortable talking to service users, you should be customer focused with the ability to maintain confidentiality, gather management information and meet deadlines under pressure. You must be a superb organiser and supportive team player with keen attention to detail, impressive administration skills and a good understanding of Microsoft Office, Excel and spreadsheets. Additionally, to be;
- Able to confidently manage high risk situations that might arise
- Able to communicate service users with complex needs
- Have confidence to handle any situation that might arise
- Able to signpost to other services
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Comprehensive opportunities to learn and develop, with silver accreditation from Investors in People
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible benefit options including cycle to work schemes and season ticket loans
- Competitive pension and life assurance schemes
- Employee assistance programme and access to online health and wellbeing support
- Flexible working patterns to support work-life balance
- Access to a wide range of discounts, including cinema tickets, grocery and high-street shopping and gym memberships
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.